Many Believe In Heaven, But What About Hell?
I awoke in the wee hours of the morning and my mind turned toward writing my blog. I prayed about what I should write. Interestingly, the Scripture John 14:16 came to mind. "Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
These titles are not new to most Christians and I was going to write a blog on each one separately but instead the Spirit was very direct on leaving them together as Jesus did for the purpose of writing about the way to enter Heaven, or more specifically, a generally avoided and uncomfortable subject … the reality of Hell.
As a Christian who regularly attends church, I can't remember the last time I heard a sermon on Hell. Why is this? If we truly believe the Scriptures where Jesus talked more about hell than heaven, why do we avoid this subject?
I can not begin to write out all the Scriptures on this subject but I will nutshell and encourage you to pick up your Bible and reacquaint yourself with these uncomfortable Scriptures. Why? Because those lost around us, need to hear truth. They need to hear our passion, our love, our care for them not only concerning the now, but concerning their eternal future.
Jesus bluntly said. "I am the way, the truth, the life and no one comes to the Father (that means heaven) except through Me." Period.
In our culture of trying to remain politically correct, not offend anyone, show love at all cost, etc. we have lost the voice of truth.
- John 6:47 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
- Rev. 21:27 "But there shall by no means enter it (meaning heaven) anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of Life."
- Rev. 22:14,15 "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs, and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
- Matt. 7:13,14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
- John 1:17" For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."
So, does everyone go to heaven as most will allude to at funerals? The answer to that according to Scripture is a resounding NO. This is where it gets uncomfortable. Hell. Hades. That place of punishment beyond the grave. Jesus spoke clearly, concisely, curtly on this subject.
Everlasting fire: Matt. 25:41
Everlasting Punishment: Matt. 25:46
Tormenting fire and agony in the Parable he told of the dead man Lazarus. Luke 16:19-31
Warned of a place where worm does not die, and fire is not quenched. Mark 9:43, 48
"And will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth." Matt. 13:42
Here are many more references in which this blog is anything but exhaustive. I challenge you to read these afresh. Reacquaint yourself with the uncomfortable truth of hell for the purpose of loving people enough to warn them. Matt. 10:28, Matt. 5:22, 29-30, Matt. 18:9, Matt. 23:15-33, Dan. 12:2, Isaiah 66:24, 2 Thess. 1:9, Rev. 14:9-11, Rev. 20: 13-15
This blog is primarily written to awaken the church, the believers of Christ, but if you are a seeker and you ask the age-old question of why a loving God would ever send anyone to everlasting hell, then read on. (This is also a good template for Christians to use when discussing this subject with the unsaved.)
- Humans are born into sin. Even if we try to be good enough there is no "good behaviour" that can wash away the stain. That's why even when you try hard, you still fall into lust, jealousy, hatred toward another person, unforgiveness, lies, etc. Isaiah 64: 6 says, "But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousness is like filthy rags: We all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
- All sin is against God. Ps. 51:4 "Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight—That you may be found just when You speak, and blameless when You Judge."
- God is fully righteous, and sin cannot abide with him, so Christ came and sacrificed his life for our sin so we can be made righteous and enter His presence. 2 Cor. 5:21 "For He made Him who knew no sin (Jesus) to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
- Yes, God does love you, so much He made a way for you to be in His family and all your sin removed. John 3: 16-17. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."
- You have been created with the ability to choose. You can accept this truth or reject it. Jesus wants all to be saved for He is a loving God. 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is … longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
I know this has been a long blog … but this message burns upon my soul. I would encourage you to google Distressing or Unpleasant Near Death Experiences if you have any doubt about the reality of hell. Keep in mind that most people who have unpleasant NDE will never talk about it because they are so haunted. Here are two sites I found, one from a scientific perspective written by Missouri Medicine for doctors and how they should deal with people who have had these experiences, and the other from Brent Swancer a non-Christian who researched this phenomenon. The article is called To Hell and Back. The Dark Side of NDE. There are many more from a Christian perspective, but I wanted to you to hear it from those who would not be inclined to believe the Bible as a source of truth in hopes you will believe these documented accounts and accept Jesus as your Savior.
- All Scripture taken from the NIV
- Other Titles of God that may encourage can be found on the following dates.1) Elohim-God - October 1, 2018 2) Abba Father - October 15, 2018 3) El Shaddai - October 22, 2018 4) The Truth - October 28, 2018 5) The Alpha & Omega - Nov. 5, 20186) Yahweh-Shalom - Nov. 12, 2018 7) God of All Comfort - Nov. 19,2018 8) The Rock - Nov. 26, 2018 9) Our Maker - Dec. 3, 2018 10) Our Defender - Dec.10, 2018 11)Immanuel - Dec. 17, 2018 12) The Bread of Life - Jan. 7, 2019 13) Yahweh-Nissi - Jan. 14, 2019 14) Yahweh-Rohi - Jan. 21, 2019 15) The Lord - Jan. 28, 2019 16) Deliverer - Feb. 4, 2019 17) Spirit of the Living God - Feb. 11, 2019 18) Yahweh-Rophe Part 1 - Feb. 18, 2019 19) Yahweh-Rophe Part 2 - Feb. 25, 2019 20) King of Kings -Mar. 4, 2019 (21) Adonai - March 11, 2019 (22) I AM WHO I AM - Yahweh, March 18, 2019 (23)The God of Love and Peace-Mar.25, 2019 9 (24) Elohim-a prayer from Daniel 2, April 1, 2019, (25) The Lamb - April 8, 2019 (26) The Savior - April 15, 2019 (27) Yahweh - April 29, 2019 (28) Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation - May 13 ,2019 (29) Jehovah or Yahweh? - May 20, 2019 (30) Bright and Morning Star - May 27,2019 (31) Sovereign LORD - June 3, 2019 (32) God of Hope - June 10, 2019 (33) The Bridegroom - June 17,2019 (34) The God of Glory - June 24.2019 (35) Prayer - July 1,2019 (36) Yahweh Shammah - July 22,2019 (37) Creator of Heaven and Earth - Aug. 5,2019, (38) Friend - Aug. 19, 2019 (39) Wonderful Counselor - Sept. 2, 1-2019 (40) Faithful and True - Sept.23,2019 (41) Light of the World -October 7,2019, 42) The Way, The Truth, The Life,-Oct. 21, 2019
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.