Take 5 - Soul Encouragement - God Who Sanctifies
NO need to fear. Let us take every anxious thought captive by praising and praying to our amazing God today. 5 minutes of solitude to meditate on the following name of God will lift your spirits. To know the names of God is to know His character. To know His character reveals His love. To understand His love eradicates all worry. Each time a worrisome thought arises today cry out to:
- Name of God: Yahweh-M'Kaddesh or Mekaddishkem—The LORD Who Sanctifies. What does it mean to be sanctified? It means to be made holy, set apart as sacred, consecrated. Just breath that in for one moment. Don't rush by this. You are made holy, and white as snow before God. Clean. Pure. You are so special to Him. By His amazing sacrifice you and I, are beautiful in His sight. Wow!
- Scripture: Lev.20:8; 1 Cor. 1:30; Jer. 9: 23,24 1 Peter 1:15-16
- Prayer: How wonderful it is to know that You, Yahweh Mekaddishkem, have made me clean from my sin, and I stand pure before you. Thank you for this amazing gift. I want to live a life holy and pleasing to you. Amen.
- Application: 1 Peter 1:15, 16 "But He who called you is Holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, Be holy, for I am holy." Because we are made holy … let's encourage someone today in some way. Send an encouraging text. Pick groceries up for an elderly person. Send a picture to Grandma who is missing the grandchildren. Thank the grocery clerk, or nurse, or fireman for their courageous service.
- Song: Listen to this encouraging song by Mercy Me called Sanctified and go in courage today. You are beautiful.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.