If You Don't Need Hope Please Don't Read.
I ask the question. Who doesn't need hope? We all need hope. Being hopeless is one of the saddest states to be in. In fact, Proverbs 13:12 says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." Suicide is at an all time high. Why? Because people have lost hope.
Are you currently in a situation that seems hopeless, helpless, or heartless? If so read on. If not, then you are to be the hands and feet of Jesus and give hope and encouragement to others. In either case, we need the God of Hope to fill our day.
This name/title the God Of Hope is one of my favourites. I love to pray using this name. The fact He fills us with hope is worth shouting from the mountain top.
But first let me tell you a short story … A true story of someone I know well.
There once was a little girl who lived in a prison. Not the kind with locked doors and guards, but a prison never-the-less. From the time she was old enough to understand, she understood she was not wanted.
What made her feel unwanted … the words, the actions of one who was supposed to love and protect, but instead would lock her in a dark, dank cellar, a hole in the ground with a thick sawdust door locked on the outside to ensure she could not get out. This was how the little girl knew. Or how about putting your little child outside at night in an open shed, in the pitch dark where bears roamed freely—as a way in which to torture her with fear.
She was often stripped naked and beaten, where bloody welts cut into her flesh and dark purple bruises graced her tiny body. Her hair was pulled. Fat lips and face slapping happened so often she flinched instinctively. Her head was thrust into walls where her little body would crumble in a heap. Then the beating would take over until the person doing the beating was too exhausted to lash out any longer.
All this... despite the fact the abuser sat with the Bible each day. How confusing and damaging to the soul of this child.
She was expected to groom the one who beat her… wash this person's feet, rub in lotion, comb hair for hours. Her little hands gave kindness to the very person whose hands and cruel words hurt her every day.
She was told she was a filthy good-for-nothing-wretch and she believed it. There was no hope. By the time this girl was twelve she craved death. Thoughts of suicide came alive, beckoning their evil message of escape.
In walks the God of Hope
-The God that 1 Tim. 1:1 talks about, the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope entered. This God brought hope in the form of a godly woman who shared truth. She told this young teen she was loved. She was precious. She was a beautiful creation.
-Then the God that Col. 1:27 speaks of "Christ in you, the hope of glory," entered into that young teenagers' life as she accepted Him as her Savior. He gave her power to reverse the lies. Suicidal thoughts left even though she still lived in the abuse.
-She believed in "the blessed Hope and glorious appearing of her great God and Saviour Jesus Christ," that Titus 2:13 speaks of, and it helped her rise above the abuse and even forgive her abuser so that bitterness and hate could not rule her life.
-Christ became the hope Heb. 6:19 speaks of, the hope we have as an anchor to the soul. This hope held her firm in her torturous tempest. She freely admits she is alive today because God's Hope saved her life and she gives Him the glory.
Now that, my friend is a story of the God of Hope and what He can do for you. Whatever you are experiencing in this moment. Let the hope of Jesus Christ come to you, work through you, and give you supernatural hope, to get through your storm.
Cry out to:
- The Lord Jesus Christ, our Hope. 1 Tim. 1:1
- Let Christ the Hope of Glory lift your spirits today. Col. 1:27
- Embrace the truth of your blessed Hope. This world is not our home. Titus 2:13
- Allow this Hope we have in Jesus Christ anchor your soul in the midst of your storm. Heb. 6:19
I promise you … there is hope enough to see you through. The God of HOPE is powerful, loving, and waiting to fill you with hope.
If you need encouragement here is a lovely worship song by Hillsong Worship called "All My Hope," that you can join in and sing.
All Scripture taken from the NKJV
Other Names of God that may encourage can be found on the following dates.
1) Elohim-God - October 1, 2018 2) Abba Father - October 15, 2018 3) El Shaddai - October 22, 2018 4) The Truth - October 28, 2018 5) The Alpha & Omega - Nov. 5, 2018 6) Yahweh-Shalom - Nov. 12, 2018 7) God of All Comfort - Nov. 19,2018 8) The Rock - Nov. 26, 2018 9) Our Maker - Dec. 3, 2018 10) Our Defender - Dec.10, 2018 11) Immanuel - Dec. 17, 2018 12) The Bread of Life - Jan. 7, 2019 13) Yahweh-Nissi - Jan. 14, 2019 14) Yahweh-Rohi - Jan. 21, 2019 15) The Lord - Jan. 28, 2019 16) Deliverer - Feb. 4, 2019 17) Spirit of the Living God - Feb. 11, 2019 18) Yahweh-Rophe Part 1 - Feb. 18, 2019 19) Yahweh-Rophe Part 2 - Feb. 25, 2019 20) King of Kings -Mar. 4, 2019 (21) Adonai - March 11, 2019 (22) I AM WHO I AM - Yahweh, March 18, 2019 (23)The God of Love and Peace-Mar.25, 2019 9 (24) Elohim-a prayer from Daniel 2, April 1, 2019, (25) The Lamb - April 8, 2019 (26) The Savior - April 15, 2019 (27) Yahweh - April 29, 2019 (28) Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation - May 13 ,2019 (29) Jehovah or Yahweh? - May 20, 2019 (30) Bright and Morning Star - May 27,2019 (31) Sovereign LORD - June 3, 2019 (32) God of Hope - June 10, 2019
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.